Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Sebastopol Sets Regulations for Selling Medical Marijuana
The rules for selling pot in Sebastopol
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Sebastopol's requirements for medical cannabis dispensaries:
• Only allowed in commercial and industrial areas.
• Not within 500 feet of youth-oriented facilities, including
schools and parks.
• Must be in a visible location with good views of the entrance from
• Applicants cannot have a felony conviction or be on probation for
a drug offense.
• No one under 18 can enter the clinic unless they are a qualified
patient or primary caregiver. (Peace in Medicine requires patients to be
• Building must be locked at all times, with buzz-in system
• No one can visit the dispensary without first obtaining a valid
physician's recommendation for medical cannabis.
• Staff must get verbal or written verification from the
recommending physician's office.
• No cannabis can be consumed on the premises or within 200 feet of
• No more than 30 immature marijuana plants can be stocked for sale.
• Cannabis cannot be sold for profit.
• Locally grown and organic cannabis is encouraged.
• Air must be filtered to prevent off-site odors.
• The chief of police must approve a security plan that includes
cameras and robbery alarms.
• Nuisance activities in the neighborhood, including loitering and
open consumption of cannabis, must be controlled.
http://www.napavall eyregister. com/articles/ 2009/09/20/ news/local/ doc4ab5\